[OT] FIM - Fbi IMproved

Hello, as a Vim/Mutt user fascinated by 'powerful' console programs,
I got the inspiration to write a 'scriptable image viewer' for the
Linux Framebuffer device. I post this email here, as I think it could
be interesting for Vim and Mutt users.

I started modifying an existing free software program (fbi, an image
viewer for the Linux Framebuffer device) to gain a Vim-inspired version
out of it (with Normal and Command Line modes, autocommands, regexps, rc
file, etc..), called Fbi IMproved.

Here follows the Fim description from the README file:
FIM aims to be a highly customizable and scriptable image viewer
targeted at the users who are confortable with software like the Vim
text editor or the Mutt mail user agent.

It is based on the Fbi image viewer, by Gerd Hoffmann, and works in the
Linux framebuffer console ( so, it is not an X program! ).

It is capable of regular expressions based (on filename) image viewing,
vim-like autocommands, it offers GNU readline command line
autocompletion and history, completely customizable key bindings,
external/internal  (if-while based) scriptability (through return
codes, standard  input/output, and commands given at invocation time,
initialization  file), and much more.

However, it still needs some (power) user response to resolve some
points about the core functionalities, and a thorough configuration/
installation testing.

FIM is free software, and it ships under the GPL software license,
complete with documentation, in form of a doc/FIM.TXT documentation
file, a man page, lots of comments in the (sometimes still dirty) code,
and some text files.

 [1] http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/fbi-improved
 [2] http://www.autistici.org/dezperado
 [3] http://www.autistici.org/dezperado/FIM.TXT