Re: How to edit ^E attachment type permananet?

Hi Kyle,

The problem is now solved.  I have gotten a message from Maxim:

----8<------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 11:21:31 -0800
From: Moe Rubenzahl <XXX@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Michelle Konzack <XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: File attachment MIME type

Good suggestion, thank you.

We have updated the code to use a newer module for attaching &
sending the e-mail, and also changed content type to
"application/pdf".

Moe Rubenzahl
XXX@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Executive Director of Internet Marketing
Maxim Integrated Products
120 San Gabriel Dr.
Sunnyvale, CA 94086

408-331-4149
----8<------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems some of the competent peoples...
The new service is definitivly better.  :-)

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Open Hardware Developer
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

Am 2007-11-27 10:53:37, schrieb Kyle Wheeler:
> On Thursday, November 22 at 06:05 AM, quoth Michelle Konzack:
> > OK, I go into the attachment view and edit the
> > "application/octet-stream" to "application/pdf" and now I can view
> > the PDF.  Now I leave the mailfolder (it is saved) and swicht to
> > another mailfolder and then come back to the mailfolder with the PDF
> > message and I have to reedit this shit.
> >
> > Question:  HOW to edit it permanently?
>
> Don't. The best solution is to add the following to your muttrc:
>
>      mime_lookup application/octet-stream
>
> You'll (almost) never have to edit an attachment type again!
>
> What that does is tells mutt that attachments of that mime-type should
> be opened up according to their filename, so as long as the file they
> send ends in .pdf you're in good shape!
>
> ~Kyle
> --
> The chief enemy of creativity is 'good taste.'
>                                                        -- Pablo Picasso

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)