Display problem

Hello,

My name is Steve and I'm new on this list, and new to mutt too. I was
using kmail for a while but now I'm fed up having to fire up xming
etc... only to check my mails. So I (finally) decided to use mutt even
if it seems pretty obscur in the beginning

After a lot of reading, I finally got it up and working almost as I
wanted.

I have a Debian box at home where I fetchmail my mails, then procmail
them and finally read them with mutt either locally or via putty from
work. I have several profiles which I switch to using F<keys>. Apart
from some gpg keys problems which should be fixed in a near futur,
everything works well.

After this short introduction, here is my problem, which isn't critical
but tiring. When I use TAB to go to the next unread message, sometimes
the display starts to move up and the whole message becomes mixed up.
After some investigation, all I found to fix this problem is to Ctrl-L
which redisplays the screen correctly. But this fix only works for a
while and I can be sure that a half a dozen messages later the problem
comes up again.

I don't if this a bug or a configuration problem. It happens both
locally (using konsole) or remotely using putty. Someone told me it
could be related to my locales (utf-8) but my Debian box is utf-8
localized.

Thank you for any help.

Regards,
Steve