Re: Display problem

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 03:10:12PM +0100, Steve wrote:
> After this short introduction, here is my problem, which isn't critical
> but tiring. When I use TAB to go to the next unread message, sometimes
> the display starts to move up and the whole message becomes mixed up.
> After some investigation, all I found to fix this problem is to Ctrl-L
> which redisplays the screen correctly. But this fix only works for a
> while and I can be sure that a half a dozen messages later the problem
> comes up again.

I've seen that kind of weirdness when the terminal and programs don't
agree on the character set to use.

If I read correctly, the problem exists on a local terminal too, so it's
improbable it's a charset mismatch problem. Anyway, pasting the output
of the locale program wouldn't hurt, though (and the character encoding
putty is using).

--
Jussi Peltola