Re: First "fcc-hook" is not more working...

Hi,

* Michelle Konzack wrote:

----8<------------------------------------------------------------------
[michelle.konzack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:~/] export LANG=C [michelle.konzack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:~/] export LC_ALL=C
[michelle.konzack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:~/] mutt
Error in /home/michelle.konzack/.mutt/hook-fcc, line 8: Unmatched ( or \(
Error in /home/michelle.konzack/.mutt/muttrc, line 18: source: errors in
/home/michelle.konzack/.mutt/hook-fcc
source: errors in /home/michelle.konzack/.mutt/muttrc
----8<------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, the first "fcc-hook" do not more work.  I have chnaged it to

   fcc-hook '~t .*@(bugs|packages|qa)\.debian\.org'     =.BTS_debian/

but the same error.  After reading the mutt manual I am curios abot this
issue...

Any Ideas?

Oh, please not again. Somebody on IRC had exactly the same problem where a 600 byte alternates command wouldn't work and reported a regex error. In one mutt version it worked, with a different on a different system it didn't for no reason. As in your case, I bet the error is the regex engine and not mutt itself.

For the alternates issue, the workaround was to split the pattern at |.

Can you please give system details and see if multiple fcc-hooks work (including 'mutt -v | grep REGEX' and the libc version)? Do you have other regexes with brackets/OR logic?

I really have no clue what's wrong, thouhg :(

Rocco