Re: sigdashes

On Thu 16, Jul'09 at  1:18 PM -0500, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
A quoted signature is no longer a signature, and removing the space at the end helps keep it from being re-wrapped (especially if you send the message as format=flowed), thus preserving the format.

True. I just wanted to make sure that was in fact how mutt was supposed to behaving. Though I would hope that most format=flowed rewrapping engines first strip off the quote characters, and then recognize a "-- " as a sigdash and leave it alone. That's at least I did with my script for f=f.

Is there a reason you think the space should be preserved in quoted messages?

Other than the fact that that's what I though it was supposed to be doing, no.

Good to know that nothing funny is going on at my end.  Thanks.