Re: [OT] FIM - Fbi IMproved

On 20071129@10:07, Michael Pobega wrote:

> Sorry if this is even more OT, but do you know of a good directfb image
> viewer that works from within screen? I've never gotten fbi to work
> withint screen, but weirdly enough I was able to configure mplayer to
> work.

Well Michael, I addressed that problem in Fim.

By running  ./configure --enable-screen  prior to  'make'  you obtain a
version of the program which displays images within screen, too.
However, I am not an expert in setting the framebuffer well, and I
noticed that some error messages are printed in that case (although I
reported no problems nor crashes in these cases - but what Fim needs now
is a thorough testing ... ).

This Fim setting is the solution to your needs, if I understood well your
point :) .

p.s.: neither Fim nor Fbi have nothing to deal with DirectFB, which is a
third party API (it could prove useful to Fim, but the place for this
discussion would be another mailing list ; namely - Fim's own, on which
you are welcome  :) ).

Ciao,

  Michele