Re: First "fcc-hook" is not more working...

Hi,

* Michelle Konzack wrote:
Hello Rocco,

The problem is definitivly NOT IN MUTT since I get exact the same error
now in one of my scripts usin "egrep"

Here the code sniplet:

----8<------------------------------------------------------------------
   elif `echo "${LINE}" |egrep '^(---|+++) ' >/dev/null` ; then
     echo "${ESC}35;40m${LINE}"

That regex looks perfectly fine to me. I was afraid it was not a mutt issue since for the alternates case I looked at, the value got read correctly by mutt and passed straight down to the regex engine without modification.

The only source of error I can think of is the implementation of regex, i.e. most likely glibc in your case.

Any ideas?

In general, you could retry with different libc versions. For mutt, you can compile your own using --with-regex option to configure. That will compile mutt using a different engine shipped with mutt.

Also creating a minimal test case showing the problem (some text file and an egrep call) would be useful to file a bug report against your distribution.

I'm not sure if something like that exists: But you could try to search your distro docs for updating hints (at least sometimes things breaking things get documented).

On the other hand, if there's no breakage documented, I can't really imagine that something crucial as regex breaks already for such simply patterns since that should be backed by dozens of automated tests...

Rocco