Re: [half-solved] Re: Display problem

* Gary Johnson <garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01.12.07 13:32]:
> On 2007-12-01, Steve <dlist@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > I've noticed something that might help us solving this problem: the
> > display gets messed up when I get on a signed message and only then ! I
> > don't know why I missed that until now, it seems so obvious now.
>
> Nice work!
>
> > I'm using gnupg and the config file by default found in
> > /usr/share/doc/mutt/examples/ from a Debian box. I copied this file in
> > ~/.mutt/gpg.txt and sourced it in my .muttrc. I'm trying to make it work
> > with different profiles with corresponding profiles (classical set up I
> > guess).
> >
> > The display gets messed up when gnupg tries to find the public key, the
> > bottom of the display not going up as expected (and strange caracters
> > being displayed at random places on the screen).
> >
> > How could I troubleshoot this ?
>
> Unfortunately, I don't know the first thing about gnupg, so I have
> nothing to suggest.
>
> Regards,
> Gary
* Ciò letto, correndo sabato 01 dicembre 2007, alle 13 e 50 rispondo così:

I've managed a similar problem founding that it was related to
set pgp_getkeys_command="gpg --recv-keys %r"

It was resolved addressing the output to /dev/null
set pgp_getkeys_command="gpg --recv-keys %r > /dev/null 2>&1"

But I think the best solution is to comment it letting gpg providing
itself
#set pgp_getkeys_command="gpg --recv-keys %r > /dev/null 2>&1"

My little 2 cents
ciao Ataualpa

--
Avoid the Gates of Hell! Choose Linux. || www.ataualpa.altervista.org